Practice Areas
Spousal Maintenance & Alimony

Spousal Maintenance & Alimony

Get the representation and counsel you deserve

A divorce can be financially devastating. If you have taken time away from the workforce to raise children, it can be a challenge to find employment. In situations where there is a financial disparity between two divorcing spouses, one spouse may be required to pay spousal maintenance or alimony to the other spouse.

Attorney Rhonda is an expert in navigating Oklahoma divorce law. At Inner Vision Legal, we will work tirelessly to ensure you get the support you need and deserve.


Alimony is sometimes referred to as spousal support. Alimony is a regular payment that one spouse makes to the other to provide financial support. Spousal maintenance is a type of alimony that is temporarily paid while a couple is in the process of divorce.

A judge can order one spouse to pay alimony to the other spouse. Alimony can be a lump-sum payment, or it can be ongoing payments over time.


In Oklahoma, there is no set formula for calculating alimony. Alimony is calculated by the court and is based on each couple’s financial situation. A judge will consider:

  • Each spouse’s income;
  • Each spouse’s assets;
  • Each spouse’s ability to earn an income;
  • How long the couple has been married; and
  • Each spouse’s contributions to the marriage.

After reviewing the situation, the court will decide regarding alimony. Inner Vision Legal will do everything we can to ensure you get the maximum payments to which you are entitled. If you are the spouse who may have to pay alimony, we will work to ensure your payments are not burdensome and that the decision regarding alimony is made fairly.


In most cases, alimony is paid for a determined amount of time, either ordered by the court or agreed to by the parties or until that spouse remarries. A spouse can file a motion to continue receiving alimony payments after a remarriage, but that spouse would need to prove that the alimony payments are still needed.

Either spouse can request a change to the alimony payments at any time. The spouse requesting the change has to be able to prove that there has been a significant change in circumstances, though. If the spouse receiving alimony gets a job, for example, the spouse paying alimony may request for payments to be lowered.


As a family lawyer in Oklahoma City, Attorney Rhonda understands the financial challenges facing divorcing spouses. We will fight to maximize your income.

Contact us to set up a consultation. We are happy to review your case and let you know how we can assist. Our law firm has more than 17 years of experience. Let us put that experience to work for you.

Attorney Rhonda Julia Candace Jayshree
What our clients are saying:
We can help

Contact Us

To schedule an appointment to speak with Attorney Rhonda
about your legal needs, contact us today.
A holistic approach to family law

Inner Vision Legal skillfully handles
cases in all aspects of family law and
estate planning.

Call Now Button