Practice Areas
Protective Orders & Domestic Violence

Protective Orders & Domestic Violence

Get the representation and counsel you deserve

If you are experiencing or in fear of domestic violence, you need to protect yourself.

You, and by extension, your family, deserve a safe environment in which to live and raise your children. In an emergency, you should seek police protection by calling 911. If you are in the process of leaving the person abusing you or your children, you can (and should) seek a protective order.

Attorney Rhonda can and will do everything legally possible to ensure your safety. Our team at Inner Vision Legal will handle your situation with care, discretion, and professionalism you can put your trust in.


A protective order, which is sometimes referred to as a restraining order, is a court document that orders someone who is stalking, harassing, or otherwise abusing you in some fashion to stop. You may apply for a protective order even if you have not planned to file any criminal charges. Protective orders can last for up to three (3) years, depending on the court’s order and your unique situation.

A protective order offers legal protection from family, household members or other individuals who are abusing or threatening the health, safety and well-being of you or your children. A minor who is at least sixteen (16) years old may even file for a protective order on their own. However, a minor under sixteen (16) years old needs to have an adult family member file on their behalf.


A judge will initially order an emergency ex-parte protective order. This is a temporary order that is in force until your hearing. A permanent protective order can only be issued after a hearing. It can last for up to three (3) years but may be extended beyond that time if needed.

It is important to note that protective orders do not address nor alter other custody or visitation orders. That said, a judge may be able to help you with an emergency agreement regarding these issues, and we can help advocate for this on your behalf. Attorney Rhonda in OKC can advise you as to the best steps to take to ensure your and your children’s safety.

In most cases, there is no cost to file for a protective order. When filing, you will need to provide identification, and you will need to provide information about the alleged abuser on a petition, which is the form you complete in order to request a protective order. We can assist you with completing the petition and making sure everything is in proper order.

The petition will be given to a judge, who will review it. The judge may ask questions. After the judge issues your order, it will need to be served to the other party. The documents must be given in person. We can assist you with finding a process server so you do not have to deliver the protective order yourself.


Once temporary protective orders are in place, there will be a hearing, which the other party can attend. We can represent you at the hearing and ensure your needs are met. You do not need to go through the legal process alone.

Attorney Rhonda in OKC is ready to assist you. Call us today at (405) 724-2525 to find out how we can help.

Attorney Rhonda Julia Candace Jayshree
What our clients are saying:
We can help

Contact Us

To schedule an appointment to speak with Attorney Rhonda
about your legal needs, contact us today.
A holistic approach to family law

Inner Vision Legal skillfully handles
cases in all aspects of family law and
estate planning.

Call Now Button